Since 2000, Fast Facts and Concepts has provided concise, practical, peer-reviewed, and evidence-based summaries on key topics important to clinicians and trainees caring for patients facing life-limiting illnesses.
Fast Facts are designed to be easily accessible and clinically relevant monographs on palliative care topics. They are intended to be quick teaching tools for bedside rounds, as well as self-study material for health care professional trainees and clinicians who work with patients with life-limiting illnesses.
For the past few years, Fast Facts have been published and supported by the End of Life/Palliative Education Resource Center (EPERC) at the Medical College of Wisconsin. Now, a new, free app for iPhone and iPad devices provides mobile access to the Fast Facts database.
Features of the new app:
- Includes every Fast Fact article in a format that is easy to search and reference from anywhere.
- Ability to browse the Fast Facts database by chronology or by subject
- Search the Fast Facts database in real time
- Share individual Fast Facts articles via email to others.
- Adjustable article text size, background and font color
- Future versions will incorporate a Case of the Month section that highlights clinician submitted cases of the month from various palliative care programs throughout the United States and world