Google Scholar Metrics provide an easy way for authors to quickly gauge the visibility and influence of recent articles in scholarly publications. Scholar Metrics summarize recent citations to many publications, to help authors as they consider where to publish their new research.
Google Scholar identifies the following as the top 20 medical journals based on citations. I have published in 3 of these.
1. The New England Journal of Medicine
2. The Lancet
4. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences
5. Journal of Clinical Oncology
6. Nature Genetics
9. Journal of the American College of Cardiology
11. PLoS ONE
12. Nature Medicine
13. Nature Reviews Cancer
15. British Medical Journal
16. Cancer Research
17. The Journal of Clinical Investigation
18. The Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
20. Nature Immunology