The University of Pittsburgh Center for Bioethics and Health Law is presenting its 24th Annual Medical Ethics Update: “The Cruzan Case 25 Years Later: Its Legacy & Its Future” on Friday, March 27, 2015.
- “When Doctors Can’t or Don’t Say No” – Barron Lerner, MD, PhD
Other Lectures and Panels:
- End-of-life decisionmaking
- Palliative care and communication at the end-of-life
- Breakthrough Drugs/Break the bank prices
- Addressing conflict with families at the end-of-life
- Legislation that interferes with the doctor-patient relationship
- When is futile care futile?
- Advance directives – problems and prospects
- Conflict resolution in health care
- End-of-life care in individuals with severe persistent mental illness
- HIPAA – collaboration between clinicians and law enforcement in threat management and crisis intervention