As of the end of last week, there were five brain death cases in California.
1. Jahi McMath’s federal lawsuit against the state of California seeking to revoke her death certificate.
|Parents of Alan Sanchez|
2. Jahi McMath’s state medical malpractice lawsuit against the clinicians that (she alleges) negligently caused her injuries. She seeks to prove that she is alive as part of proving damages in this lawsuit.
3. Jahi McMath’s father’s medical malpractice lawsuit against the clinicians that (he alleges) negligently caused her injuries. (This case may now be dismissed.)
4. Israel Stinson’s state lawsuit against Kaiser Permanente Roseville Medical Center. He has obtained a TRO mandating continued organ support pending further hearings.
5. The parents of Alan Sanchez contest the diagnosis by LAC+USC clinicians.