This afternoon, I am making a presentation to the North Dakota Long Term Care Association on “Better Decision Making for Incapacitated Patients without Surrogates.”
I prepared a new 300 slide deck and have posted it here. I will also be building a collection of resources on the topic here.
My articles on this topic include:
- Making Medical Decisions for Patients without Surrogates, 369(21) NEW ENGLAND JOURNAL OF MEDICINE 1976-1978 (2013).
- Legal Fundamentals of Surrogate Decision Making, 141(4) CHEST 1074-1081 (2012) .
- Legal Briefing: Adult Orphans and the Unbefriended: Making Medical Decisions for Unrepresented Patients without Surrogates, 26(2) JOURNAL OF CLINICAL ETHICS 180-188 (2015).
- Legal Briefing: The Unbefriended: Making Healthcare Decisions for Patients without Proxies (Part 1), 23(1) J. CLINICAL ETHICS 84-96 (2012) (with Tanya Sellers).
- Legal Briefing: The Unbefriended: Making Healthcare Decisions for Patients without Proxies (Part 2), 23(2) J. CLINICAL ETHICS 177-192 (2012) (with Tanya Sellers).