Posted on August 18, 2017 at 12:05 PM
This week, Medicare launched a new website called Hospice Compare.
Scores reveal the percentage of patients who:
- Were checked for pain at the beginning of hospice care.
- Received a timely and thorough pain assessment when pain was identified as a problem.
- Were checked for shortness of breath at the beginning of hospice care.
- Received timely treatment for shortness of breath.
- Were taking opioid pain medication and who were offered care for opioid-related constipation.
- Were asked about treatment preferences such as hospitalization and resuscitation at the beginning of hospice care.
- Were asked about their beliefs and values at the start of hospice care.