Next month, Christine J. Wilson and I will present “Importance of Bioethics for Post-Acute Care: Compliance and Risk Management Benefits” at AHLA’s Long Term Care and the Law conference.
We will address, among other issues:
- Challenges in health care decision making in post-acute care
- CMS regulatory focus upon heath care surrogates and decision making as well as person-centered care
- Characteristics of effective ethics committees
- The role that ethics committees can play in post-acute care: Not just “end of life”
- Practical application and case study