Posted on July 3, 2018 at 4:30 AM
Through July 13, 2018, Health Canada is holding a public engagement asking that Canadians share their ideas, innovations and lived-experience related to palliative care.
Through this consultation, Health Canada intends to engage Canadians on their long-term vision of palliative care in Canada. Using discussion forums and shared stories, Health Canada hopes to identify gaps as well as solutions and bright ideas we can then share across the country.
Your input will help the government develop a framework on palliative care for Canadians. You can make submissions here.
Key questions for discussion
- Definition of palliative care
- Advance Care Planning
- Person and Family-Centred Care
- Challenges facing people living with life-threatening illness
- Consistent access to palliative care
- Special populations (i.e. Indigenous, infants, children and youth, homeless, rural and remote communities, LGBTQ2, people living with disabilities, immigrants and refugees, and others)
- Health care provider education, training and supports
- Caregiver training and supports
- Community Engagement