Earlier this year, the Albany Law Review hosted a symposium titled “Reconsidering the Right to Die: The Debate over Assisted Suicide.”
The law review has now published a transcript of the keynote address by the Honorable Eugene M. Fahey, a judge on the New York Court of Appeals. The issue also includes a transcript of the discussion of several panelists.
- Stephanie Woodward, Director of Advocacy, Center for Disability Rights
- Edward Mechmann, Director, Public Policy at Archdiocese of New York
- Kathryn Tucker, Executive Director, End of Life Liberty Project
- Peter Strauss, Of Counsel, Drinker, Biddle & Reath LLP; Board of Directors member, End of Life Choices of New York
- Professor Vincent Bonventre, Albany Law School, Justice Robert H. Jackson Distinguished Professor of Law
Finally, the issue includes two articles focused on the recent failed litigation seeking a state constitutional right to medical aid in dying.
- Edward T. Mechmanna & Alexis N. Carraaa, PHYSICIAN-ASSISTED SUICIDE AND THE NEW YORK STATE CONSTITUTION
- Edwin G. Schallert & Kathryn L. Tucker, AN UNFORTUNATE MISSTEP: THE NEW YORK COURT OF APPEALS’ REJECTION OF AID-IN-DYING IN MYERS v. SCHNEIDERMAN