One-third of all new GoFundMe campaigns in the United States are for COVID-19-related needs. This shows where we have failed as a society. It is a makeshift response to institutional failures and not a fair or sustainable solution to crises.
The post Crowdfunding for Covid-Related Needs: Unfair and Inadequate appeared first on The Hastings Center.
This month, a different MP (Bambos Charalambous) introduced a separate bill, Children (Access to Treatment). Like Charlie's Law, this bill aims to avoid
"expensive and intensive court proceedings." It aims to accomplish that by:
1. Requiring access to mediation services in hospitals
2. Providing access to clinical ethics committees
3. Providing swift second medical opinions
4. Providing access to legal aid
5. Creating a new test of “disproportionate risk of significant harm” that clarifies if a treatment is not harmful and reputable doctors are willing to provide it, no one should be prevented from seeking that treatment