Key Speakers at the NNEC -Ann Hamric, Carol Taylor, Ann Gallagher, Christine Mitchell, Mark Lazenby, Lucia Wocial, Ellen Robinson, Liz Stokes, Margaret Moorman, Angela Knackstedt, Maureen Cavanagh.
The NNEC’s theme, Reimagining Nursing from the Inside Out, is an invitation to reflect, celebrate, re-imagine, and transform – Join national nursing ethics leaders as we reflect on and celebrate the best of nursing’s historical commitment to the sick, suffering, and dying and reimagine the power of 21st century nursing unleashed in our troubled world. Think about these two days as an ethics retreat. We can promise you precious time to reflect on our personal and collective commitments and to strategize about how best to create a positive future for nursing and the communities we serve.
Poster Sessions scheduled throughout the conference.
1. A Call to Action: Exploring Moral Resilience
2. Is that Ethical?—What does the public think and Why Does It Matter?
3. Developing a Moral Distress Consultation Service
4. Strategies to Sustain Ethical Elder Care
5. Clinical Ethics Dilemmas in Pediatrics: Why These Cases May Haunt You
6. Caring Matters Most: The Ethical Significance of Cancer Nursing
7. Looking Inward and Amongst Colleagues as a Strategy to Enhance Professional Caregiving
8. Health Equity and Disparity
9. The Circle of Life & Death: Transforming Both our Patients and Ourselves
10. Ethics Champion Workshop
11. Advocacy Beyond the Bedside
2018 Ethics of Caring NNEC Nursing Leadership Award will be presented to Christine Mitchell, RN, MS, MTS, FAAN