|JOB TITLE:||Bioethics Support Specialist|
|DEADLINE:||Tuesday, March 31st, 2020|
The Alaka'ina Foundation Family of Companies
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is looking for a qualified Bioethics Support Specialist in Silver Spring, MD.
The candidate shall provide Bioethics Support services to include:
– Organize meetings, document, and report on research ethics consultations overseen by Chief of Bioethics. Maintain written tracking system for research ethics consultations.
– Investigate and analyze ethical issues relevant to the design and conduct of WRAIR research, international and domestic. This work involves conceptual clarification and interpretation of complex ethical standards, review of peer reviewed literature in relevant areas of science and bioethics, analysis, compilation, and preparation of written briefs or reports.
– Review protocols upon request and provide comments and guidance with regard to ethical issues arising in these protocols.
– Provide expert input in planning and organizing stakeholder meetings on bioethics topics to support the work of investigators and collaborators.
– Help design and conduct qualitative and quantitative analyses in the context of research studies of bioethics issues, for example, studies of attitudes and experiences of research participants, qualitative assessment of stakeholder opinions on ethical problems or issues, and similar types of investigation.
– Work with staff to develop guidance and training materials on ethical requirements in research. Provide guidance and training in policies, procedures, and ethical principles governing human subjects’ protection as requested.
– Work with staff to identify, coordinate, and resolve issues concerning ethical principles and the application of United States and international regulations and ethical guidelines in international settings at working groups and meetings.
– Work independently in generating appropriate strategies, outlines and work plans, carrying out research in a self-directed manner, preparing written summaries and reports, giving oral presentations and seminars, and producing publication quality documents.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
– Knowledge and experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods including conducting interviews and focus groups, analyzing qualitative research findings, designing and conducting surveys, and basic statistical analysis.
– Ability to independently analyze federal policies.
– Ability to write professional reports and professional presentations.
– Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods.
– Minimum of Master of Sciences, Juris Master, or higher
– Advanced education in bioethics
– 3-5 years’ in bioethics & empirical research methods
CITIZENSHIP/SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
-Must be able to obtain/maintain Public Trust
Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is a fast-growing government service provider. Employees enjoy competitive salaries; a 401K plan with company match; medical, dental, disability, and life insurance coverage; tuition reimbursement; paid time off; and 10 paid holidays. Laulima Government Solutions, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of individuals with disabilities and veterans. We are proud to state that we do not discriminate in employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. We E-Verify all employees.
The Alaka`ina Foundation Family of Companies (FOCs) is comprised of industry-recognized government service firms designated as Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)-owned and 8(a) certified businesses. The Family of Companies (FOCs) includes Ke`aki Technologies, Laulima Government Solutions, Kūpono Government Services, and Kapili Services, Po`okela Solutions, Kīkaha Solutions, LLC, and Pololei Solutions, LLC. Alaka`ina Foundation activities under the 501(c)3 principally benefit the youth of Hawaii through charitable efforts which includes providing innovative educational programs that combine leadership, science & technology, and environmental stewardship.
For additional information, please visit www.alakainafoundation.com