Posted: Friday, November 30th, 2018
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an experienced Clinical Ethics Manager to help lead the Center’s robust clinical ethics services. The Center’s mission in clinical ethics is to serve as national leaders in exemplary ethics consultation and education driven by innovative research and the development of transformative policies and practices, with the goal of enhancing the quality of healthcare within diverse institutions. The Center has one of the largest clinical ethics programs in the country, serving adult, pediatric, private, and public hospital systems through its core faculty, fellows, staff, and secondary faculty.
The successful candidate will work closely with Center leadership, faculty program directors, and affiliate partners of our clinical ethics service lines to advance and accomplish the overall mission and goals of the programs.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Oversees the day-to-day operations of the Center’s clinical ethics consultation services at affiliate hospital locations
• Assures programs perform based on best practices, identifies and acts on opportunities for growth and improvement
• Together with faculty program directors and Center leadership, develops plans for short-term and long-term success by translating goals into program specific objectives and priorities
• Develops measurements and metrics to assess program impact and satisfaction
• Develops and maintains clinical ethics consult database programs
• Analyzes data with faculty program directors and Center leadership, using data to work collaboratively with affiliate partners and team members to continually enhance performance, identify and categorize trends, and positively effect outcomes and satisfaction
• Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare, bioethics, or related field required
• Master’s degree in business administration, healthcare administration, bioethics or related field preferred
• 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a hospital or related setting
• Interest or experience with bioethics and/or clinical ethics preferred
• Experience in project management, planning, and execution
• Knowledge and experience with EPIC, QGenda, database management preferred
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills required and must be able to work independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
• Detail-oriented, self-motivated, efficient, and strong organizational skills
• Ability to display a professional, positive attitude and high degree of flexibility in accepting work assignments
Those interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume. The letter should include the names and contact information for three persons willing to provide a reference.