Posted: Monday, March 23rd, 2020
||Sunday, May 31st, 2020
National University of Singapore
The Instructor will be working at the NUS Centre for Biomedical Ethics on the CENTRES (Clinical Ethics Network + Research Ethics Support) project. Funded by the Ministry of Health, CENTRES is a networking and training platform to enhance capabilities of healthcare professionals and clinical ethics committees in Singapore. The position is for one year, with the possibility of annual renewal for up to 2 years if performance is satisfactory.
The job holder is expected to:
• Build expertise on and keep abreast of current research in clinical ethics consistent with the work of CENTRES.
• Work with the co-directors and other colleagues to support the design, development and implementation of blended and online modules, and other learning activities, on clinical ethics. This will include:
• Conduct research (multiple modes online and offline) and write literature reviews, legal summaries, and similar reports) to support the development of continuing professional education and graduate level courses.
• Assist with survey development, administration, analysis, and drafting of recommendations to assess the learning needs of participants.
• Web-based learning integration
• Assist in preparing educational packages containing online modules and case-based materials for external institutions in-house staff training purposes
• Soliciting internal and external peer review of curricula and learning materials developed and collating the same
• Refining learning materials based on peer reviews, research, other feedback and observations.
• Review and research effectiveness and impact of learning activities, e.g. conduct course evaluation.
• Serve as an observer on a clinical ethics committee, using experiences to inform the design of learning activities.
• Grow the CENTRES network through outreach to members of the clinical ethics committees, professional bodies and affiliated institutions.
• Prepare the content of monthly news reports and analysis updating CENTRES members on current clinical ethics issues.
• Communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, internal and external, regarding our learning activities and materials.
• Participate collegially in the broader activities of the Centre for Biomedical Ethics (e.g. journal club)
• Perform other related duties incidental to this job description.
You will have:
• A Master’s Degree in a field relevant to the above activities, preferably in law and/or bioethics. We may also consider applications from candidates with a background in philosophy, nursing, theology, anthropology and sociology; or, a professional degree in medicine or law with formal training or extensive practical experience in bioethics.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to work collaboratively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
• The ability to work independently to manage academic and associated activities, including the ability to work towards deadlines.
Link to apply: https://www.jobstreet.com.sg/en/job/7825545/