|JOB TITLE:||Open Rank Tenure Track Faculty Position|
|DEADLINE:||Friday, December 14th, 2018|
Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College
Albany, NY, United States
The Alden March Bioethics Institute (AMBI) at Albany Medical College, Albany, New York invites applications for an open rank tenure track faculty position in any area of bioethics that must include an advanced proficiency in clinical ethics consultation. AMBI is an internationally recognized leader in the field of bioethics. The multidisciplinary center focuses on education, research, and clinical consultation. In addition to scholars, educators, and clinicians affiliated with Albany Medical College, our faculty includes professors from the Albany Law School and other regional and national experts.
The successful candidate will join multidisciplinary colleagues from several fields, including medicine, philosophy, social work, law, policy, gender and sexuality studies, biomedical and social sciences, and nursing who provide an active clinical ethics consultation service in a 734-bed teaching hospital; engage in conceptual and empirical research; teach medical professionalism and ethics to medical students and health care professionals and scientific integrity to biomedical science graduate students; and participate in the teaching and operation of an established online graduate bioethics program that offers certificate, master’s, and doctoral program options.
Candidates should have a MD, PhD, JD, or equivalent, with advanced training and experience in any areas of bioethics but with a proven proficiency in clinical ethics and clinical ethics consultation.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Teaching clinical ethics and other courses, depending on areas of interest, to students in AMBI’s online graduate bioethics program
• Teaching in a four-year educational program in ethics and humanities for medical students
• Collaborating on and publishing conceptual and/or empirical scholarly works
• Serving on hospital and college committees, task forces, and relevant community groups
• A fellowship or extensive experience in clinical ethics consultations
• Experience with bioethics education for medical students and health care professionals
• Demonstrated ability/potential to engage in significant bioethics research and scholarship on a broad range of issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Keen interest in creatively contributing to the intellectual life of a vibrant, multidisciplinary bioethics program
Salary and rank are competitive and will be based on training and experience. The Albany Medical Center offers desirable benefits including generous leave time, health and dental insurance, opportunity to participate in a matching 403(b) plan, and a pension plan. Upon offer of employment, selected candidates must successfully complete drug testing and criminal background checks as a requirement of the hiring process. Albany Medical Center supports a diversified, smoke free environment, and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer encouraging women, underrepresented minorities, and individuals with disabilities to apply.
Review of applications will begin on October 1, 2018 and will remain open until filled. Interested individuals may apply by sending electronically a cover letter, current curriculum vitae, writing sample, and the names of three references with complete contact information to Ms. Faria Grant at email@example.com.
Further inquiries and questions about this position should be emailed to:
Wayne N. Shelton, PhD, Chair, Faculty Search Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information please visit our website: http://www.amc.edu/academic/bioethics/index.html