Posted: Friday, December 14th, 2018
We seek a post-doctoral researcher who is interested in ethical, legal and social aspects on iPS cell research, particularly focusing on translational research using iPS cells. He/she will be engaged in research under the leadership of the Principal Investigator at Minari Lab. “Act on Enhancement of Research and Development Capacity” will be applied to those who engage in the work of this position. For details of our institute and research in our lab, please visit the sites below:
A desired person should have
• A Ph.D. or equivalent professional achievements experience in a specific area
• Research / Work experience in “bioethics”, “research ethics” or “science and technology studies (STS)” (Keywords: ethical, legal and social issues, and public engagement)
• Publication of academic articles regarding ethical, legal and social issues on biomedical research
• Flexibility to work collaboratively and willingness to address translational research
From the day you take the position to March 31, 2020 (expected from April 1, 2019) with a possibility of renewal until up to the end of the project. This project will last up to the end of March in 2023.
When the term expires, the employment contract will be terminated. The employment contract can be renewed at the expiration of the contract of fixed-term employment only when you have achieved excellent work performance and demonstrated good work attitude and capabilities. Working conditions may be changed at the renewal of contract. However excellent your work performance, attitude, and capabilities are, the contract may not be renewed or changes may be made to the current working conditions at the time of renewal, if renewed, due to reasons that the financial status has been changed or that the job contents specified above have become no longer needed because of the reorganization or the reassignment of the lab’s principal investigator.
Kyoto University Post-doctoral Researcher (full-time, annual salary system)
• Salaries are determined based on the Kyoto University standards depending on capabilities and CiRA Recruitment 2018 backgrounds.
• Annual salary includes various allowances.
• Discretionary work system for specialist staff (38 hours and 45 minutes/week, 7 hours and 45 minutes/day)
• Holidays: Saturdays, Sundays, national holidays, summer break, year-end and new-year break, the anniversary of foundation holiday, and paid holidays
• MEXT Mutual Association of Health Insurance, employee pension insurance, industrial accident compensation insurance, and employment insurance.
Deadline for application:
We will close the recruitment when the position is filled
An interview will follow the screening of application documents. Those who have passed the screening will be informed of the date and time of the interview via e-mail or in writing, and may be requested to give a lecture on the research or professional achievements at the interview. (Interviewees will bear their transportation and accommodation expenses for the interview.) * Results will be informed via e-mail or in writing as soon as the decision is made. * Applicants who lives in oversea could have the interview on skype.
Kyoto University is promoting the gender equality. Woman researchers are encouraged to apply
Further details of the position and how to apply can be found via the links below:
An application form can be obtained from the following link:
If you would like to enquire about the position or discuss particular aspects please contact Dr Jusaku Minari (firstname.lastname@example.org).