Posted: Wednesday, September 9th, 2020
The Johns Hopkins Berman Institute of Bioethics and the Wellcome Centre for Ethics and Humanities at the University of Oxford have established a Collaborative Bioethics Research and Training Program with support from the Wellcome Trust. Through this partnership, we have created joint post-doctoral training opportunities. We are pleased to invite applications for two uniquely qualified fellows (one at each Institution) who are committed to interdisciplinary and transnational collaboration and who have a particular interest in exploring ethical issues at the intersection of global health and infectious disease. This two-year fellowship will begin in September 2021.
- $60,000 per year, plus health benefits
- Travel for the residency requirement and modest living expenses when overseas
- A modest discretionary fund for travel to relevant conferences
- Doctoral-level degree in bioethics, philosophy, public health, law, medicine, social science, history or other relevant discipline, with fewer than five years of post-PhD research by the start date.
- Scholarly interests in ethical issues at the intersection of global health and infectious disease.
- Residency requirement at the partner institution. Exact nature and timing of this requirement is flexible. Fellows are expected to spend at least one month per year or up to one full year at the partner institution.
- Fellows will become integrated members of the ongoing post-doctoral training programs at both Institutions and have access to a wide range of activities and opportunities, including:
- Regular seminars, presentations and discussions with leaders in the field;
-- Individualized research program;
-- Bioethics coursework and mentorship
-- Professional development training;
-- Teaching opportunities (commensurate with experience and background);
-- Participation in outreach efforts via social media
The application window will open on October 19, 2020. Applications are due on Friday, December 18, 2020 and must be uploaded via Interfolio: apply.interfolio.com/78669
- Cover Letter
- Personal statement in support of your application
- Copy of Graduate Transcript(s)
- Writing Sample
- Three Letters of Reference
For more information on the Berman-Oxford Joint Post-doctoral Fellowship Program, please contact the Director of Education Initiatives at the Berman Institute (Professor Gail Geller, at email@example.com) or the Director of the Wellcome Center at Oxford (Professor Michael Parker, at firstname.lastname@example.org).