Posted: Wednesday, November 7th, 2018
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Director, Ethics to join our Scientific Responsibility, Human Rights and Law Program (SRHRL). You will report to the Program Director, SRHRL, focus on the area of scientific responsibility, and work to define and implement a vision for SRHRL’s activities in this specific area. AAAS’s mission includes to “promote and defend the integrity of science and its use.” AAAS and SRHRL have a distinguished track record in promoting high standards for the practice of science and engineering, and in monitoring and assessing the ethical issues related to emerging areas of scientific research and technological development.
What You’ll Do
• Create and implement a strategic vision for the organization around scientific responsibility
• Advise Program Director and AAAS about the promotion and defense of the integrity of science and its use, including identification of contemporary developments in the policy and practice of scientific responsibility and opportunities for intervention and impact
• Design, implement, and manage programmatic activities, including fundraising, grants and contract development, serving as principal investigator, supervising associated staff and interns, monitoring grant budgets, and reporting
• Work with colleagues in the program to identify and leverage opportunities for collaboration across projects
• Conduct strategic outreach and communication, including representing AAAS at domestic and international meetings, workshops and conferences
• Develop and disseminate publications, reports, and communication materials
• Cultivate partnerships and alliances with external organizations and other key stakeholders
• Monitor and evaluate focus area impact
• Additional duties as assigned
• Ph.D. or JD required
• 10+ years’ experience in scientific responsibility, particularly research integrity, research misconduct, and the social responsibilities of scientists
• 5+ years’ experience in financial, budgeting, and grant proposal development
• Recognized achievement within the field as evidenced by publications, academic or other appointments, or other relevant professional recognition
• Experience in program development and management
• Experience working in a multidisciplinary context with a diversity of collaborators
• Demonstrated effective and successful leadership abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position by December 7, 2018 using the following link; http://bit.ly/2zBtRGP. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. A Recruiter will contact you with next steps if you are selected for an interview.
AAAS is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected category. AAAS uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees.