Posted: Thursday, June 4th, 2020
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Assistant. The individual hired will be responsible for providing ongoing support for a 1-year project to support the implementation of a patient decision aid (www.lvaddecisionaid.com) at 8 partnering clinical sites across the U.S., as well as develop and implement new COVID-19 decision-making and risk-mitigation materials for advanced heart failure patients.
This project is an extension of “Dissemination and Implementation of a Patient-Centered Decision Aid for Ventricular Assist Device Placement”
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day project activities, including managing project files and organizing project activities, and meetings.
• Provide overall project management and coordinate with co-investigators, collaborators, and staff to move project forward
• Organize project meetings, including developing agendas and running the meetings
• Develop relationships with clinical coordinators at partner sites and help troubleshoot implementation issues.
• Oversee data collection from partner sites, ensure the quality of data, and identify and address issues around data collection as they arise.
• Coordinate the development of supplemental COVID-related materials (FAQs and “nudges” for risk-mitigation)
• Assist in development and delivery of a COVID-19 Decision-Making Training Webinar to each site.
• Prepare progress reports for key stakeholders and sponsors.
• Maintain and update project website.
• Prepare and assist with preparation of papers and presentations for dissemination of findings.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Required: Bachelor’s with experience relating to position duties.
• Preferred: Master’s Degree in a related field preferred.
• Interest in cardiology, communication, implementation studies, or patient engagement preferred.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail for data tracking and reporting is essential.
• Demonstrated analytical and written communication skills, including proficiency in scientific writing
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Capable of multi-tasking effectively, prioritizing complex deliverables, and working independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
• Candidate should be extremely dependable and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
Those interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume. You can apply online at: https://bit.ly/RA-DecsionMaking
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics or contact us at email@example.com.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer