Posted: Tuesday, September 3rd, 2019
Research Assistant II
||Thursday, October 3rd, 2019
Baylor College of Medicine Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Houston, TX, United States
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Assistant for a non-laboratory research position. The individual hired will be responsible for providing research support for faculty members conducting a large-scale, multi-institutional collaborative National Institutes of Health-funded project in the field of Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications of human genome editing technologies.
• Provide research support for ongoing projects, including organizing project files, scheduling project activities and meetings, taking meeting minutes, and coordinating with co-investigators, collaborators, and project personnel in multiple sites to move projects forward.
• Conduct comprehensive literature searches in the areas of science, science and technology studies (STS), science policy, and bioethics.
• Contribute to qualitative (semi-structured interviews, focus groups, engagement sessions) and quantitative (content analysis, surveys) data analysis.
• Assist with qualitative and quantitative research data coordination and management. Relevant tasks include: contributing to instrument development and refinement, coordinating data collection, conducting data cleaning and quality control.
• Assist with development and ongoing management of project databases; track and report on project components to ensure timelines are adhered to and deadlines met.
• Develop manuals of procedures for projects and assist with project protocol development and management.
• Assist with document preparation and references for publications and new project proposals.
• Assist with presentation preparation, such as pulling data and drafting slides.
• Serve as communications liaison to promote research team publications and presentations and help draft materials to this end.
Required: Bachelor's degree in a Basic Science or related field.
Preferred: Master's degree in a related field.
Required: Three years of relevant experience.