|JOB TITLE:||Research Assistant II|
|DEADLINE:||Thursday, October 3rd, 2019|
Baylor College of Medicine Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Houston, TX, United States
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Assistant for a non-laboratory research position. The individual hired will be responsible for providing research support for faculty members conducting a large-scale, multi-institutional collaborative National Institutes of Health-funded project in the field of Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications of human genome editing technologies.
• Provide research support for ongoing projects, including organizing project files, scheduling project activities and meetings, taking meeting minutes, and coordinating with co-investigators, collaborators, and project personnel in multiple sites to move projects forward.
• Conduct comprehensive literature searches in the areas of science, science and technology studies (STS), science policy, and bioethics.
• Contribute to qualitative (semi-structured interviews, focus groups, engagement sessions) and quantitative (content analysis, surveys) data analysis.
• Assist with qualitative and quantitative research data coordination and management. Relevant tasks include: contributing to instrument development and refinement, coordinating data collection, conducting data cleaning and quality control.
• Assist with development and ongoing management of project databases; track and report on project components to ensure timelines are adhered to and deadlines met.
• Develop manuals of procedures for projects and assist with project protocol development and management.
• Assist with document preparation and references for publications and new project proposals.
• Assist with presentation preparation, such as pulling data and drafting slides.
• Serve as communications liaison to promote research team publications and presentations and help draft materials to this end.
Required: Bachelor’s degree in a Basic Science or related field.
Preferred: Master’s degree in a related field.
Required: Three years of relevant experience.