Posted: Monday, September 28th, 2020
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an experienced full-time Research Assistant for a 5-year project aiming to develop an integrated clinical decision support platform for LVAD therapy for heart failure, combining a patient decision aid (www.lvaddecisionaid.com) with a computer-based personalized risk prediction tool (www.mycora.org). The individual hired will work with an interdisciplinary team of decision scientists, bioengineers, computer software engineers, statisticians, ethicists, clinicians, and specialists in cardiology. The individual will be responsible for coordinating and supporting the development of the platform and then testing it in a randomized controlled trial (RCT) at 5 partnering clinical sites across the U.S.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Manage day-to-day activities of the project, including IRB protocols, managing project files and organizing project activities, and meetings.
• Provide overall project management and coordinate with co-investigators, collaborators, contractors, and staff to move project forward.
• Schedule and organize project meetings, including developing agendas and running the meetings.
• Develop and maintain relationships with developers at our partnering research site, and with clinical coordinators at 5 partnering clinical sites
• Coordinate the development of interview guides and conduct interviews with patients, caregivers, and clinicians.
• Assist in the translation of findings into decision support materials.
• Oversee and participate in data collection from partner sites during RCT, ensure the quality of data, and identify and address issues around data collection as they arise.
• Prepare progress reports for key stakeholders, funders, and clinicaltrials.gov.
• Prepare and assist with preparation of presentations for dissemination of findings.
• Provide research and writing support, including conducting comprehensive literature and assisting with manuscript preparation.
• Maintain and update project website.
• Other duties assigned.
• Bachelor’s in social sciences, public health, bioethics or related field and/or experience in project coordination/clinical research
• Preferred: Master’s degree, and experience in project coordination and/or qualitative interviewing.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail for data tracking and reporting is essential.
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Capable of multi-tasking effectively, prioritizing complex deliverables, and working independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
• Candidate should be extremely dependable and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
• Demonstrated analytical and written communication skills, including proficiency in scientific writing
Those interested in this position should submit a cover letter and resume. You can apply online at: http://bit.ly/CORA-RA
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics or contact us at email@example.com.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.