Baylor College of Medicine's Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Houston, Texas, United States
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking a full-time Research Associate responsible for providing administrative support for and taking an active role in the Center’s Clinical Ethics Consultation Service and associated educational activities.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Provide support for a high-volume Clinical Ethics Consultation service, including developing an electronic database for records, creating a call schedule, maintaining a consultation log, and assembling information for quality improvement purposes.
- Coordinate educational activities for the Center including Grand Rounds.
- Conduct ethics consultations for a high-volume ethics consultation service including on-call duties.
- Prepare and deliver presentations on related topics.
- Provide support for Ethics Committee and subcommittee meetings.
- Provide general research and writing support, including conducting comprehensive literature searches on bioethics and clinical ethics consultation literature, assisting with ongoing research projects, and helping with manuscript and project report preparation.
- Master’s degree in one of the humanities, social sciences, public heath or related disciplines.
- Minimum one year of relevant experience.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills and must be able to independently and collaboratively, as appropriate, to meet deadlines.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
- Strong presentation and teaching skills.
- A highly qualified candidate will have experience in consultations and will be expected to function as an independent consultant on a rotating schedule after a period of mentorship.
Start date: July 1st. Interested applicants should submit: (1) a letter of application, (2) a resume or CV, and (3) the names of at least three professional or academic references. Electronic submissions, which are encouraged, should be sent to Jill Oliver Robinson at email@example.com. Further information about the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy can be found at www.bcm.edu/ethics. Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer. For consideration applications should be received by March 1st.