Posted: Wednesday, September 2nd, 2020
Senior Research Assistant – Ethics and Policy
The Baylor College of Medicine Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy is hiring an experienced full-time researcher for a non-laboratory research position. The individual hired will work under the direction of the co-principal investigator and with a multi-institutional collaborative team of researchers in the field of ethical, legal, and social implications (ELSI) of genome sequencing. This will include planning and conducting research for an ongoing qualitative and policy focused project exploring the challenges and solutions to developing shared databases of cancer genomic variant data.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Plans, directs, and conducts research on the ELSI of genome sequencing
• Manage development of data collection instruments
• Oversee data collection and management to ensure quality of data, and identify and address issues as they arise
• Conduct qualitative and quantitative data analysis and interpretation
• Document findings and develop reports based on findings for research team and collaborators
• Provide overall project management and coordinate with co-investigators, collaborators, and staff to move project forward
• Develop and maintain project database and timeline to track and regularly report on project components and deliverables
• Prepare and submit materials (protocols, annual reports) to the Institutional Review Board and funding agencies
• Organize project meetings, including developing agendas and running the meetings
• Prepare and assist with preparation of papers and presentations for dissemination of findings
• Master’s degree preferred in one of the humanities, social sciences, public health, bioethics or related field
• Four years of relevant experience
• Strong database management and computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Excel
• Experience with quantitative and/or qualitative data analysis software programs preferred (e.g., SPSS, STATA, Dedoose, Atlas.ti, nVivo)
• Demonstrated analytical and written communication skills, including proficiency in scientific writing
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
• Capable of multi-tasking effectively, prioritizing complex deliverables, and working independently and collaboratively to meet deadlines
• Candidate should be extremely dependable and detail-oriented with strong organizational skills
This positon will be filled as soon as possible.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Work Location: Houston, TX or Remote Location
Salary Range: Up to $58,500
FLSA Status: Exempt
How to Apply
Those interested in this position should submit a CV and short letter indicating their desire to be considered. The letter should include the names and contact information for three persons willing to provide a reference. Please apply online at http://bit.ly/SulstonSrRA
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.