Posted on May 28, 2019 at 4:00 AM
The National Center for State Courts has launched Finding the Right Fit: Decision-Making Supports and Guardianship, an online training to support someone who needs help making decisions and managing life.
This engaging, interactive course has something for everyone: friends and family members, guardians, and individuals who want to plan for their own future or need help now. The course explains legal concepts in plain language. It includes three tracks: supporting decisions, using legal options to support or substitute decision-making, and serving as a guardian. The training also offers realistic scenarios to help users develop strategies for their own lives.
Finding the Right Fit provides information and guidance on:
* How to support friends and loved ones in making their own choices about their health, finances, and lifestyle.
* Legal options, including powers of attorney and advance directives.
* How to become a guardian.
* How a guardian can support a person’s decision-making.
* Identifying and understanding the risk of abuse, neglect, and exploitation that comes with any of the above options.