|JOB TITLE:||ASSISTANT PROFESSOR (BIOETHICS)|
|DEADLINE:||Friday, July 30th, 2021|
Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile
Santiago de Chile, Region Metropolitana
|CONTACT:||Professor Luca Valera|
The Center for Bioethics of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC) invites interested candidates to apply for a full-time (44hrs.) position as Assistant Professor in Bioethics, starting from November 30, 2021. The successful candidate is expected to conduct interdisciplinary research, the majority of which will be carried out at the Center for Bioethics (PUC), while his/her teaching duties will be carried out at the Faculty associated with her disciplinary profile. The Faculties associated with the Center for Bioethics (PUC) are Philosophy, Medicine, Social Sciences, Law, Theology, and Biological Sciences.
The Search Committee welcomes applications from candidates with a proven track record in bioethics, eager to contribute with teaching and research that intersects with any of the following fields: artificial intelligence, neuroscience, emerging technologies, human enhancement/human engineering, among others.
• PhD in bioethics, or related areas (completed by November 30, 2021).
• Demonstrated research and publishing capacity in bioethics.
• Proficiency in Spanish and English.
• Familiarity with, and appreciation of, the principles and mission of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
APPLICATION MATERIALS (IN EITHER SPANISH OR ENGLISH)
• Cover letter (highlighting publications, grants, undergraduate and graduate teaching, conference participation and organization, professional service).
• Research statement (describing current and proposed research in the field of bioethics of 3 pages in length).
• Curriculum Vitae.
• Copy of the PhD degree.
• Contact information for 3 references. (We will request references for shortlisted candidates only.)
• 2 selected research articles, with a brief indication of the main contribution to the discipline that supports their selection.
Inquiries about the position should be addressed to: Professor Luca Valera, Director, Center for Bioethics, PUC (email: email@example.com).
Applicants should send all application materials in PDF to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for full consideration: July 30, 2021, 11:59pm EST.