Posted: Wednesday, August 7th, 2019
The Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile (PUC), and Department of Philosophy, Medicine, Social Sciences, Law, Theology and Biology, which take part in the Center for Bioethics, invite nominations and applications for an interdisciplinary full time (44hrs.) Assistant or Associate Professor in Bioethics, starting from March 2020. The successful candidate is expected to conduct the main part of the assignment in the Center for Bioethics (PUC), and his/her affiliation will be the Department associated with his/her disciplinary profile. For this reason, the search committee is open to candidates from various sectors who have strong track records in bioethics scholarship and research.
Ph.D. in a field related to bioethics is required, as well as a strong career in bioethics research.
• Demonstrated knowledge and research in bioethics.
• Understanding of the Catholic Church, its teachings, and the mission of a Catholic University
• Preference for candidates who can speak and write both in English and Spanish.
• Ph.D. in a field related to bioethics
To apply, please send us (firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com) the following documents (in English or in Spanish):
• a cover letter and a research statement (a description of current and proposed research in the field of bioethics)
• 3 confidential letters of recommendation, addressed to the attention of Professor Luca Valera, Director, Center for Bioethics, PUC (email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• 3 writing samples
• copy of the Ph.D. degree
Inquiries about the position may be addressed to: Professor Luca Valera, Director, Center for Bioethics, PUC (email: email@example.com). For questions about the application process, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for full consideration: Octuber 31, 2019, 11:59pm EST