|JOB TITLE:||Clinical Ethicist|
|DEADLINE:||Saturday, January 30th, 2021|
University of Minnesota's Center for Bioethics
|CONTACT:||Andrea J Martin|
The Center for Bioethics is seeking a full-time adjunct faculty to assist with day to day operations of the M Health Fairview system wide Clinical Ethics Service. The service will be responsible for overseeing and conducting ethics consultations at all system hospitals, supporting and building capacity of institutional ethics committees, assisting with the development of ethics-related institutional policies, and providing advice on organizational ethics issues. The position requires close work with the Center for Bioethics’ clinical ethics leadership team, the M Health Fairview System Director of Clinical and Organizational Ethics and M Health Fairview’s Clinical Ethics Council.
– Conduct clinical ethics consults at M Health Fairview hospitals; must be available to share responsibility for a 24/7 clinical ethics service divided among a small team of ethicists
– Assist in leadership and management of institutional ethics committees, including participation in committee meetings and development/delivery of educational sessions for personnel
– Assist with the development of ethics-related institutional policies, including research, drafting, and participation in discussions of policy matters with M Health Fairview’s Clinical Ethics Council
– Assist with analysis of organizational ethics issues, including research, drafting position statements, and participation in discussions of organizational ethics issues with M Health Fairview leadership
– Assist in the design and implementation of policies/procedures for clinical ethics consultation practice, assessment, and quality improvement.
This position reports to the Center for Bioethics Director/Interim Director.
– 100% for 1 year, with the possibility of renewal
– Open to less than 100% appointment
– Anticipated start date is January 1, 2021
– Salary Range $85,000-$95,000 annually for full time appointment.
JOB CODE: 338717
Country: United States
Contact Name: Andrea J Martin
Link to job: JOB CODE: 338717