|JOB TITLE:||Clinical Ethics Faculty (Open Rank)|
|DEADLINE:||Saturday, July 31st, 2021|
Baylor College of Medicine
Clinical Ethics Faculty (Open Rank)
The Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine is seeking an experienced Clinical Ethicist to join their faculty (rank and track will be commensurate with experience and qualifications). The successful candidate will join faculty and staff who lead several, premier Clinical Ethics Consultation Services in the Texas Medical Center. The successful candidate will also be expected to contribute to the Center’s multidisciplinary education program and to conduct high quality independent and collaborative research and scholarship.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
• Conduct ethics consultations independently for high-volume Ethics Consultation Services
• Collaborate in hospital administrative activities, including the continual development of consultation services and participation in Ethics Committee and subcommittee meetings
• Contribute to the training of Clinical Ethics Fellows, provide multidisciplinary clinical ethics education, and participate in the Center’s undergraduate and graduate medical education programs
• Conduct high quality independent and collaborative ethics research and scholarship
• Contribute to the intellectual and scholarly life of the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Terminal post-graduate degree, such as MD, PhD or JD, in a field related to bioethics
• Advanced training/fellowship in clinical ethics and HEC-C certification preferred
• The applicant must have experience conducting clinical ethics consultations as an independent clinical ethics consultant. Ideally, this experience would include conducting ethics consultations in both the tertiary hospital setting and community hospital setting
• Demonstrated record of scholarship in bioethics
• Strong interpersonal, presentation, and teaching skills
How to Apply
Those interested in this position should submit a CV and cover letter addressed to the search committee indicating their desire to be considered. Please apply at: http://bit.ly/CEFaculty2021
For questions, please contact us at email@example.com
About the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy
Baylor College of Medicine is recognized as one of the nation’s premier academic health science centers and is known for excellence in education, research, healthcare and community service. Located in the heart of the world’s largest medical center, Baylor is affiliated with multiple educational, healthcare and research affiliates.
The Center for Medical Ethics & Health Policy has 18 primary faculty members, 31 secondary faculty, 24 scholars, and over 40 fellows and staff, housed on the main Baylor campus in the Texas Medical Center in Houston, Texas.
Our Center’s faculty teach in the undergraduate and graduate medical education curricula, direct an award-winning ethics pathway and newly developed health policy pathway for advanced medical students, and have developed a comprehensive College-wide graduate medical education curriculum in ethics, professionalism, and health policy. Center faculty are actively engaged in funded research supported by the NIH, PCORI, and private foundations. Our faculty publish high-impact papers in the peer-reviewed scientific, clinical, and bioethics literature and have authored and edited several seminal books in bioethics. Finally, our faculty direct clinical ethics programs at affiliated hospitals in the Texas Medical Center, that conduct over 600 clinical ethics consultations per year.
For more information about Baylor College of Medicine and the Center for Medical Ethics and Health Policy, visit our website at www.bcm.edu/ethics
Baylor College of Medicine fosters diversity among its students, trainees, faculty, and staff as a prerequisite to accomplishing our institutional mission and setting standards for excellence in training healthcare providers and biomedical scientists, promoting scientific innovation, and providing patient-centered care. Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.