Posted: Thursday, September 26th, 2019
At the end of the fellowship, graduates will have developed advanced skills in:
• Performing clinical ethics consultation throughout the hospital clinical setting in accordance with the American Society for Bioethics and Humanities (ASBH) core competencies
• Teaching and facilitating educational sessions in bioethics and related topics to medical students, bioethics graduate students, and healthcare professionals
• Participating as an ethics representative in an interdisciplinary team of hospital experts on complex cases
• Attending institutional ethics review committee meetings
• Conducting research, both individually and collaboratively, on topics in bioethics, leading to publications in academic journals
• Must hold a terminal degree in a discipline that interfaces with bioethics, which may include philosophy, law, social sciences, social work, nursing, and medicine.
• A letter of application including a full statement of:
(1) one’s preparation for this fellowship
(2) a statement of personal goals
• A current curriculum vitae
• A writing sample
• Two letters of recommendation
Early submissions are encouraged, as we may have in-person interviews at the ASBH conference in October. For full consideration, submit your application by December 20; however, applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The start date is July 1st.