|JOB TITLE:||Clinical Ethics Fellowship|
|DEADLINE:||Friday, November 22nd, 2019|
Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States
Children’s Minnesota and Abbott Northwestern Hospital partner to offer a two-year clinical ethics fellowship designed to prepare you for advanced proficiency in clinical ethics consultation and ethics support activities. The fellowship provides a strong foundation in clinical and organizational aspects of practice, as well as academic scholarship opportunities. The first year of the fellowship focuses on specialty pediatric practice and the second year offers advanced clinical skills in the inpatient adult setting.
The fellowship includes:
• Comprehensive training in clinical ethics consultation, including rounding and supervised on-call experience in both pediatric and adult clinical settings.
• Developing and providing ethics education for working clinicians and learners.
• Participation in ethics committees and subcommittees.
• Opportunities for scholarship, including quality improvement, research, and policy review and development.
• Support for professional activities and conferences.
• Mentoring on professional development, education and research.
• Preparation and completion of HCEC certification exam.
• Development of a professional clinical ethics portfolio.
The ideal candidate will hold a doctorate or equivalent degree (or candidacy for degree) in a field relevant to clinical ethics and demonstrate clinical experience in a relevant area of practice. Clinicians with additional ethics training will also be considered. The candidate should have the ability to form positive relationships with patients, families and interdisciplinary clinical teams. Excellent oral and written communication skills, tolerance of conflict, cultural responsiveness, and good judgment are required.
Application Due Date: November 22nd, 2019
For more information and to apply, visit us at www.childrensmn.org/careers/ (search for Clinical Ethics Fellowship), or email us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org