Posted: Thursday, August 15th, 2019
The Clinical Ethics Postdoctoral Fellowship Program
The Center for Medical Ethics & Health Policy at Baylor College of Medicine and the Houston Methodist Hospital System Biomedical Ethics Program are seeking applicants for our full-time clinical ethics fellowship.
This competitive 2-year program offers the opportunity to train with the Center’s nationally renowned faculty and staff who lead premier Clinical Ethics Consultation Services at adult private hospital systems in the Texas Medical Center.
The fellowship offers a competitive stipend, excellent benefits, and opportunities for continued professional development. Upon completion of this program, fellows will have the skills, training, and experience to make them competitive for positions in clinical ethics and academic bioethics.
Our Fellowship Offers
• Comprehensive training in clinical ethics consultation, including the opportunity to observe and independently conduct ethics consultations (on-call rotations) for a high-volume Clinical Ethics Consultation Service (~450 consultations per year) at the Houston Methodist Hospital
• Participation in activities at Baylor College of Medicine clinical affiliates including Baylor St. Luke’s Medical Center
• Participation in Biomedical Ethics Committee and subcommittee meetings
• Participation in educational activities related to our undergraduate and graduate medical curricula; including the award-winning medical ethics pathway
• Preparation and delivery of presentations on clinical ethics-related topics for clinical audiences
• Faculty mentoring on educational development, teaching skills, and research
• Opportunities for collaboration on scholarly projects
• Terminal post-graduate degree (JD, PhD, MD, or equivalent)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, working both independently and collaboratively to achieve mission goals and deadlines
• Strong presentation and teaching skills
• Training or experience in bioethics or clinical ethics preferred
Application Due Date: October 31, 2019
Tentative Start Date: July 6, 2020
For more information and questions, visit us at www.bcm.edu/ethics, view our FAQs, or email us at email@example.com