Posted: Tuesday, September 24th, 2019
The Program in Medical Ethics and Human Values at the Tulane University School of Medicine is seeking a Director of Graduate Studies (DGS), at the rank of Associate Professor, for its Master of Science in Bioethics and Medical Humanities program. Tenure eligibility will be based upon the successful applicant’s academic accomplishments. This position will begin in Spring 2020. The DGS will serve as the administrative supervisor and coordinator of graduate studies within the MS program, overseeing all components of graduate education and promoting academic quality and integrity. The DGS will teach in the MS and is expected to have a past body of work in either normative or empirical bioethics or in medical humanities. Past and current funding on NIH (or similar)-funded projects preferred. The DGS will be responsible for quality improvement in the MS program, graduate student mentorship and post-graduate placement, and collaboration with program faculty. The DGS will report to the Executive Director of the MS Degree, and Director of the Program in Medical Ethics and Human Values, David J. Doukas, MD (for queries, email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Doctoral-level degree in a relevant field, such as philosophy, sociology, or bioethics. PhD’s preferred; JDs and MDs with relevant experience and/or training will be considered.
• Strong record of quality scholarship in a relevant field, such as bioethics, or medical humanities, and of teaching
• Excellent writing and communications skills.
Interested applicants should apply at https://apply.interfolio.com/68125
with the following:
• Curriculum Vita
• Personal statement (two pages maximum)
• Writing sample (for which the applicant was lead or sole author; 20 pages maximum)
• The names and email addresses of 3 individuals who would be willing to provide a recommendation letter.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.