|JOB TITLE:||IEPI POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP|
|DEADLINE:||Sunday, June 23rd, 2019|
The Institute on Ethics & Policy for Innovation (IEPI)
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
IEPI POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
Position: IEPI Postdoctoral Research Fellowship
Bargaining Unit: CUPE Local 3906, Unit 3
Location: Institute on Ethics & Policy for Innovation, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Supervisor: Dr. Claudia Emerson, Director, IEPI
Funding: $55,000 per year + benefits
Appointment: One year (with potential for renewal)
Number of Open Positions: Up to four separate fellowship
The Institute on Ethics & Policy for Innovation (IEPI) is accepting applications for Postdoctoral Research Fellowships, to begin September 2019. The positions provides one year of funding (with potential for renewal) at $55,000.00 per year + benefits.
IEPI’s postdoctoral research fellows program seeks to prepare and train the next generation of applied ethicists. The program offers an integrated program of applied ethics consulting, research, and professional development, led by an interdisciplinary team with diverse expertise and resources in the biomedical sciences, humanities, social sciences, and policy development. Fellows will complete their work under one of IEPIs research areas:
• Data Ethics and Governance
• Translational Science (Clinical Trials)
• Infections Disease Management
• Women and Girls in Global Health Research
Fellows will participate in the research and practice environment at IEPI. Each fellow will be matched with a primary research mentor with mutual interests and relevant research expertise. Such mentoring will be combined with an integrated program of applied ethics consulting and professional development activities.
Each trainee will participate in an individualized period of training that will provide knowledge and skills in the following areas:
• The current state of global health research
• Application of bioethics principles and frameworks to global health
• Ethics consulting service model
• Grant writing and manuscript preparation
ABOUT THE INSTITUTE ON ETHICS & POLICY FOR INNOVATION:
The Institute on Ethics & Policy for Innovation (IEPI) is focused on identifying and addressing ethical challenges, ethics-related risk, and policy gaps encountered along the innovation lifecycle for health technologies and interventions in global health and development.
We are a multidisciplinary team of scholars with expertise in philosophy, the social sciences, biomedical science, public health, and health policy, based at McMaster University, Canada. We undertake applied ethics research and bring over a decade of experience working with funders, governments, industry, academia, and other stakeholders to address complex moral problems in global health research.
For additional information, see http://iepi.mcmaster.ca/ .
Ranked as one of the world’s top 100 universities, McMaster University is devoted to the cultivation of human potential, realized through our innovative educational programs, cutting-edge research, and the diverse students, faculty, staff and alumni who make up the McMaster family. Dedicated to creating a Brighter World, we recognize that our people are our most valuable resource.
Those who join McMaster will find a community of talented individuals who are inspired by the university’s commitment to embodying the values of integrity, quality, inclusiveness and teamwork. It is through these talented individuals, their creativity, and drive for results that McMaster University has earned its reputation for being Canada’s most research intensive university and is recognized as second in the world for global impact
• Completion of PhD by fellowship start date and within five years immediately preceding the initial appointment
• Experience in applied ethics research
• Experience in ELSI-related research
• Experience working in one or more of the following research environments will be an asset: global health, consulting, international policy development
Please apply via McMaster University’s online system (Mosaic).
Please include the following as a single document in the application:
• Cover letter, including a detailed statement of research interests in one of IEPIs Research Areas
• 1 writing sample (peer reviewed publication preferred)
• Name, title, institution, and contact information for 3 professional references